Monday, April 15, 2013

Liquid Soap and Dispenser

During my two years off from work, I started experimenting with making homemade household cleaners and toiletries. During my search for recipes, one of the do-it-yourself tutorials I pinned on Pinterest was this one:



I have been using this recipe to make the hand soap for the soap pumps in my bathrooms since my husband and I moved into this house in December. I usually divide the recipe, using 1/4 of a bar of grated castile soap, 1/4 tablespoon of glycerin, and 16 ounces of water.



I melt all the ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat.



And then after the concoction cools a bit but before it gels, I pour it into my bathroom hand soap pumps. For nice but inexpensive soap pumps, I bought a number of liquid hand soaps at Dollar Tree and removed the labels from the bottles with cooking oil, using my Slice machine to cut a fleur-de-lis from black Contact paper. I applied those to the bottles. The result:



I tried making Mason jar soap pumps last year, but I could never get those as perfect as I wanted them to be. I am much happier with these--and with a new child in my household, I prefer plastic pumps to glass ones anyway.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.