Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How to Clean Your Top-Loading Washer and Your Dryer

During our apartment years, my husband and I shared a washer and a dryer with the tenants of seven other apartments. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I was at the prospect of having our own washer and dryer inside our house. Knowing that we were soon to have a newborn and were going to cloth diaper, we bought a top-loading GE washer and matching dryer from my aunt. Fortunately, she kept the machines clean--she owns her own cleaning company!--so I decided that cleaning them was not necessary given that I was very pregnant and very sick at the time and that she is family. Ultimately, though, I knew that I wanted to clean them. So I tried the method used in this pin on Pinterest:



Armed with homemade all-purpose household cleaner, bleach, and vinegar, I got to work. It's now clean, inside and out.



I also used my all-purpose household cleaner and my vacuum cleaner to clean the dryer.



I am more content now that both my washer and dryer are clean! My current plan is to clean them twice a year, once during spring cleaning and again during holiday cleaning before Thanksgiving.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.