Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cloth Wipes

I really do like weekends. I try to get two major projects completed each weekend: one by me and one by my husband.

My project this weekend was to "sew" some additional cloth wipes. Shortly before my newborn arrived, I made 24 cloth wipes from some adorable flannel I picked up at Hobby Lobby (with a high-value coupon!). However, 24 cloth wipes proved to be far too few, even when we wash a load of cloth diapers and wipes each day. So this weekend, I made enough to have about 50 or so wipes on hand. I used this pin as my inspiration:



I cut my fabric so each wipe would measure six inches by nine inches. Then I sewed a zig-zag stitch all the way around each wipe.



Frankly, my cloth wipes aren't perfect. And that's okay. After all, they are going to be used for a specific purpose, and then they will be thrown away when I have my baby potty trained. In the meantime, by using cloth wipes, we are saving money and saving our earth. And I prefer these to the disposable wipes anyway.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.