Sunday, April 14, 2013

Changes

I haven't posted anything on this blog in nearly a year. Since my last post, my family has faced a LOT of changes:
  • My husband and I moved from our two-bedroom unrenovated apartment into a one-bedroom renovated apartment (May 2012).
  • My husband and I learned that we were expecting our first child (July 2012).
  • I fought an approximate eight-month bout with hyperemesis (July 2012 - March 2013).
  • My husband and I moved from Virginia to Florida (November 2012).
  • My husband left the Navy (December 2012).
  • My husband and I moved into a rented house (December 2012).
  • I took the critical first steps to open my own law office (January 2013).
  • I had our first child via C-section (March 2013).
  • I spent some time in the hospital battling major problems with my gallbladder, pancreas, bile duct, and liver, ultimately undergoing major surgery a month after my c-section (April 2013).
For obvious reasons, I feel as though my life has been one upheaval after another in the last year. Although one of my friends was kind enough to inform me on Facebook that I appear to have everything together, I feel as though my life is in complete disarray. I have a ton of unfinished projects stacked up in the guest bedroom and garage, my baby's nursery still isn't finished, my house is a mess, the yard is in dire need of some TLC, my vehicle needs to be cleaned, everything in my life is disorganized, my husband is in school, I am trying to get my law practice open so that it brings in consistent income, and I am still spending much of my time in my recliner recovering from my most recent surgery (which was just last week). Oh, and life with my newborn is SO hectic!

But I have not hit rock bottom. I am aware of how blessed I am. I look at my tummy, knowing that I look as though I've been on the losing end of a knife fight. But I saw a picture of another woman's almost-identical tummy online and read her story, learning that her baby had passed away shortly after birth. So again, I am blessed, even while my newborn cries hours a day and keeps me guessing as to how to keep her content.

Still, I feel as though I need to pick myself up by the bootstraps so that I can recreate the home I had a year ago and create the home I ultimately want for my child. Unfortunately, I cannot start immediately and try to reorganize my household; I am still recuperating, still sore, still going to doctor appointments to be cleared and even one to find out what else is wrong with me. But I can take baby steps, so that is the goal beginning tomorrow: to do something--one tiny step a day--to get my home organized again so that I am content again.

Erin

2 comments:

  1. If anyone can do it YOU can! I will be lifting you up in prayer through this time! I am always here if you need me!

    ReplyDelete

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.