Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Truths from Facebook: Part 1

Facebook stresses me. I think it stresses a lot of people, judging by the number of friends I have that have explicitly said that they deactivated their accounts because they no longer want to be subjected to the drama and negativity. And as much as I adore family and friends, sometimes they have way too much drama in their lives. Hey, sometimes I have too much drama in mine, and if you're my Facebook friend, you may think the same thing about me!

So this is a new rant page that I may continue doing periodically. I figure if I am ranting here, I won't rant on Facebook and lose my friends or anger my family members AND I won't complain to my husband, making him a happier person as well.

Truths (or at least truths as I see them) from today's Facebook visit:

  • God didn't want you to have an intimate relationship with someone to whom you are not married for a host of reasons. But if you are going to engage in such a relationship without benefit of marriage, you should ensure that you are willing to marry that person.
  • Marriage is hard, even when you are head over heels in love with your spouse. I have no children, but my guess is that having children makes marriage harder, at least in some aspects. Ensure that you really love and are in love with the person you marry and have children with.
  • If you have been married (especially a very short period of time!) and are having frequent fights, you should seek marriage counseling ASAP. No shame should surround marriage counseling. Frequently people have difficulty resolving conflict within themselves and/or within their relationship and need a little help. Others have difficulty moving from the "I" to the "we." (I did!) Own it.
  • You should live your life so that your mother does not have to spend time trying to convince everyone how wonderful you are.
  • Closely contemplate the people with whom you associate. Because although we are to live in the world, we are not to be of it.
  • Someone's poor decision(s) does not give you the right to judge that person or to be mean to him or her. Two wrongs do not make a right.

And one last truth from a very bright spot in my Facebook feed today. Just because you were born into bad circumstances does not mean that you are destined to fail. You can rise above your beginning and above the things that would weigh so many others down.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.