Friday, May 4, 2012

Coups for Troops

My husband and I have several coupon mantras: 1) If we don't need it or use it, we don't buy it. 2) If we have to spend money we wouldn't otherwise spend to save on it, we don't buy it. 3) If we don't have room to store or stockpile something, we don't buy it. Because of these mantras, we frequently have coupons expire.

The good news is that military personnel stationed overseas can use expired coupons for up to six months after the expiration date. A host of organizations have popped up on the Internet to collect coupons. I personally use Coups for Troops. Every two months, I gather my expired coupons and send them to the address nearest to us. The process takes very little time, and I figure I may be helping someone out.

While you do have to pay postage to mail the coupons, you do not have to sort them for this particular service, nor do you have to tally the face value of the coupons you send. Just place the expired coupons in an envelope and mail them. This envelope of expired coupons is going out tomorrow:

This is such a simple way to give back to the folks who do so much for us.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.