Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Treat Stand

I have one of those cake stands that has a dome-shaped top and that can also be used as a chip-and-dip server or a punch bowl. When I make treats (cookies, muffins, etc.), I generally store them under the dome of that cake stand. So really, I didn't need a treat stand. But I had seen so many bloggers create them out of thrift store plates and Dollar Tree candle holders that I decided I must make one!

Without intending to, I made mine similar to these DIY cake stands from the vixenMade blog. I used E6000 glue to attach the candle holder to the glass plate. After the glue dried, and I sprayed the bottom of the plate and candle holder with gloss black spray paint (Fusion for plastic, actually). I did *NOT* spray the top of the plate. Although I would realistically use this plate for only items already wrapped or with a liner (like a muffin or a cupcake or something), I really feel better NOT painting the portion of the stand that comes into contact with the food. Sorry, just my opinion. At any rate, the result is still pretty, or so I think.

I really love the way this project turned out, and I expect to make more if I ever actually get to entertain. :)

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.