Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jute-Wrapped Easter Eggs

Because of some events that happened within my extended family this past week and then some introspection within my own family unit as a result, I did not post anything about my Easter decor as I intended. So today, I will post the few items of decor that I have (and love!).

After seeing these jute-wrapped eggs at the Thrifty and Chic blog, I spent $0.97 plus tax at Walmart a few months ago to buy six plastic eggs to decorate. I knew I was going to wrap these with jute, but initially, I thought I would paint them white with spray paint first. For some reason, my mind totally escaped me on the day I tried to paint them because I could not figure out to break the eggs apart and spray each half with paint and let it dry with the inside (open) down. I seriously thought of this painting method while I was typing this post. I literally tried to spray paint the egg while it was rolling around. So here's proof that law school does NOT teach common sense (just in case you had any doubts at all).

So yes, I threw away that one thoroughly messed-up egg and decided to wrap the others in jute without spraying them first. While my husband had duty on the ship one evening, I grabbed a ball of jute and my hot glue gun and worked on these. This task was not really difficult, but it is VERY tedious. I started working on these around midnight and literally finished the five eggs around 0430. Yes, that's 4:30 in the morning. Oh, and did I mention that I burned my fingers in three places? So yes, if you try to make these and can use your glue gun on the lower setting, please do so.

Regardless of the hassle, I like the look.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.