Sunday, April 8, 2012

He Is Risen Sign

I saw these He Is Risen! signs over at Signs by Andrea a few weeks ago. I bought some wood from Lowe's (and had them cut it into sign-sized pieces), sanded it, taped off a cross with painter's tape, stained the rest of the sign in Dark Walnut, colored in the cross with a black Sharpie marker, and applied some white vinyl letters made with my Slice machine. The result:

Yes, I know. Andrea's signs look better. (My Slice does not connect letters, so anything in cursive just doesn't look as good as it would if I were to do a true stencil with an X-Acto knife or to use a Cricut or Silhouette.) Her signs are so gorgeous. You can buy one of her signs from her web site.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.