Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Onion Cheese Biscuits

As I mentioned yesterday, this week I am posting a few good (and relatively easy) recipes for biscuits. The second batch of biscuits I made last week were these: onion cheddar biscuits from AllRecipes.com. These, too, were delish!

I did not have any poppy seeds on hand, so I simply spread the remaining cheddar on tops of these biscuits. Still, they were excellent. Even my husband thought so!

I said yesterday that I have not been a big fan of biscuits in the past. My mom always served them with jelly and syrup. I like sweets, but I like jelly and syrup in small doses, and not very often. I love onions and cheese and could eat both in every meal of every day. Perhaps that is why I love these so much!

Do you prefer your biscuits with ingredients like those in this recipe, or do you prefer yours with honey, jelly, and syrup?

Erin

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely a savory biscuit girl. I really like cheese and/or herb biscuits (though I rarely make them) and am perfectly content with a freshly buttered biscuit. I've been on a bit of a biscuit kick myself. Oh, and butter dips from the 50's vintage (I think) Betty Crocker book. Easy, but require flour on the counter! :O

    ReplyDelete

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.