Saturday, March 3, 2012

Oil Bottles

A LONG time ago, I returned something to Kmart and received a gift card worth about six bucks. I have not used it previously because I think that the stuff in Kmart is frequently ridiculously overpriced when compared to other stores. But then I saw some oil bottles that I absolutely loved! So I took my Sears Shop Your Way rewards card and my gift card and bought two of them. I brought them home and labeled them with some vinyl before pouring oil in them.

The vinyl isn't perfectly placed, but these labels are just temporary anyway; I am eventually going to etch the bottles when I buy enough for ALL of the oils we use (vegetable, olive, canola, and peanut). In the meantime, I think the bottles look cute sitting on the counter--much better than the huge plastic oil bottles (I buy in bulk)!

Oh, and did I mention that I received an e-mail from Shop Your Way Rewards yesterday that my points are being tripled this weekend? I bought yet another oil bottle with my points (free to me!). My husband will pick it up from the local store when he heads home from work. :)

Free = good. (But I still subtract the total amount from my monthly budget. More on that later.)

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.