Friday, March 2, 2012

My Jeep Has New Shoes!

I have not blogged a lot this week. I took my 2004 Jeep Liberty to the mechanic for an oil change on Monday, and he said it needed new tires. So I had new tires put on it on Wednesday! Yay for new tires! Boo for spending almost $1K to buy them and have them installed. But yay for a rebate that will be returned to us.

Oh, and yay for Yokohama tires. Our usual mechanic would sell and install only Kumho tires, so I went to another mechanic. I have nothing against Kumho tires, but my previous tires were Yokohamas, and they lasted for 90,000 miles. 90,000 miles! And they weren't even bald when I changed them! Too, I survived a ride through the I-65 median at 65 miles per hour on those tires, and they simply had to be aligned and balanced when it was over. So I bought duplicate tires this week. If it's not broke, don't fix it, right?

By the way, the 2004 Jeep Liberty? She's a keeper, too. I've never loved a vehicle as much as I love this one. I can't fathom trading her. Whenever anyone near me talks about buying a new vehicle, I always speak up and recommend a Jeep. :)

Erin

2 comments:

  1. I loved my Jeep Liberty Sport and it was very good to me. But I love my Ford Escape even more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just out of curiosity, how many miles did you get from yours? I am going to try to get 200,000 miles from mine.

      Delete

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.