Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Moving

As I have mentioned, my husband and I have to move so that the property management company can renovate our apartment. (New hardwood floors, a dishwasher, a garbage disposal, a built-in microwave, Energy Star appliances, and granite counters apparently mean a $200 rent increase for them.) Initially, we were not supposed to move until the end of May. Now, we are moving sometime in April. Fortunately, though, this expedited move-out date means that my husband and I (finally) figured out what apartment we are moving to. Although we are downsizing to a one-bedroom apartment, we will now have a porch! I am sad about leaving this apartment (I am very sentimental and unfortunately get easily attached to things and even spaces), but I am excited about the prospect of having an outdoor area.

So now we prepare to move. Accordingly, I have instructed myself not to buy anything that does not involve redoing furniture, organizing, finishing a started-but-not-yet-finished project, or baking and definitely not to buy anything we do not need. Except for Easter decor. Oh, and since we are indeed downsizing and I will no longer have a spare bedroom in which to craft, I am going to be weeding out my huge collection of items that I eventually intended to use.

What this means is that for the next few weeks, my blogs are likely going to be focused on organizing things and will perhaps even include a (exhaustive, I hope) moving checklist. I am going to post the recipes for muffins that I promised. I am also going to post about some easy DIY Easter decor I have made or am currently working on.

This move is not my first, and thank God we are moving just across the apartment complex parking lot for now, but because we have a bigger move to make at the end of the year, I want this move to be a dry run. In other words, I want everything as organized as possible, but I want to be prepared to make changes for the end of the year. So if you have any tips on how I can make this move proceed as smoothly as possible, please post them! I am all ears. :)

I hope you have beautiful weather this first day of spring and that the last week or so has been good for you.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.