Saturday, March 3, 2012

Holiday Cookie Frosting

As I said earlier today, I am a stockpiler. Sometime early last year, I bought a lot of Betty Crocker products for almost nothing at Harris Teeter by using coupons when they were on sale. (This stockpiling trip was before I learned how to make cookies and cakes from scratch.)

I ran across that stash last weekend and ended up making sugar cookies (from a mix). But to make them better, I decided to frost them with homemade frosting! The recipe I used is this one (I generally try to give credit where credit is due, but I clipped this recipe from a coupon insert and now have NO idea who published it!):


Ingredients
2/3 c. unsalted butter, softened
2-2/3 c. confectioner's sugar
2-3 tbsp. milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Food coloring (if you desire)

Directions
Beat butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla in a mixer until smooth. If frosting is too thick, add more milk.

If you want to color the frosting, divide it into several small bowls, and add a different color of food coloring to each bowl. Mix.


I just put globs of the frosting on my (drop) cookies, but they were yummy anyway.

What's your favorite cookie frosting recipe?

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.