Thursday, March 22, 2012

Downsizing

As I said earlier this week, my husband and I will soon be moving. So we are downsizing, getting rid of things we do not need and do not use. I cannot stand clutter, and the little bit we have needs to go!

So I discarded items I was saving for crafts: cereal boxes, taco boxes, cans, and glass jars to begin. I also took some things to the thrift store: miscellaneous cords, an inkjet printer, some candle jars, and a BUNCH of VHS tapes that I can no longer watch because my VCR's died. Then I listed 50 items (books and old dishware and decor/collectibles) on eBay, the maximum number of items I can list in a month without paying insertion fees in addition to commissions. (We have sold around ten items in the past day. I know God answers prayer because I honestly thought none of the items would sell!)

Yes, we are getting rid of a lot of stuff. I am SO excited! I am also looking forward to listing more items on eBay at the beginning of April. In fact, as I type this blog post, I am converting vinyl records to mp3 so that I can burn them onto CD's; then I will sell the albums!

Why, yes, I'm a cleaning geek! Don't you like cleaning and getting rid of things you don't use, too?!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.