Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chest of Drawers

Remember when I asked what I should do with the chest of drawers I received for Christmas years ago?

Well, in my blogging hiatus, I worked on that thing. I took some 180 grit sandpaper and sanded it and then stained the drawer faces with Minwax in dark walnut. Finally, I used some Behr eggshell paint in Onyx Black on the rest of the dresser, including the drawer knobs. The result? We decided not to poly it or do anything else to it. No, we didn't stain the insides because we want the clothing that goes in the drawers to continue to smell like clothing. :)

Yeah, I'm loving it. The only thing left is to line the drawers with fabric. I found some fabric at JoAnn, but I have to have a good coupon before I will buy it because it's a little spendy.

Tip: Don't paint in the same room you are doing burlap crafts in. The burlap threads will get caught in the paint. (Fortunately, you can't see these flaws, but I know they are there!)

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.