Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Buttered Biscuits

Last week was biscuit week at our house. So you will be seeing a few biscuit recipes from me this week. (If you like muffins, stick around; I will be posting some good recipes for those next week.)

I have recently developed a fondness for butter biscuits, but I absolutely abhor the whole "turn out the dough on a floured surface" thing. I am just as good with drop biscuits. When I get up in the morning, I want something good *and* simple. Fortunately, this recipe for buttered biscuits at AllRecipes.com is perfect.

I did modify the recipe a bit. I use unsalted butter, so I added some salt to the dough. I also melted some more butter and brushed it on the tops of the biscuits about two minutes before I pulled them out of the oven. Yes, I like butter.

Here's the kicker: I used to hate biscuits unless they were from the Loveless Cafe. (Note: If you have not had biscuits from the Loveless Cafe, get yourself to Nashville ASAP.) But these (and the ones I will post about for the next couple of days) are good enough to get me to eat a few more than I should have.

Do you have a favorite biscuit recipe?

Erin

1 comment:

  1. I like the frozen (Pillsbury is one brand) ones. They just come in a big ol' ziploc style bag and you take out one or ten or whatever you need and pop 'em in the oven (in my case toaster oven). Good as homemade. Honestly. (We have a local-ish brand here called Southeastern Meats that has fresh frozen veggies and these biscuits, but Pillsbury is my backup brand).

    ReplyDelete

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.