Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Brown Sugar

I published a post about how to make homemade powdered sugar last week. I have since learned how to make brown sugar at home, too.

You can find the recipe for homemade brown sugar at Joy the Baker's blog. I did not make any modifications to her recipe, and my brown sugar turned out perfectly (I turned on my KitchenAid stand mixer and left her on until the brown sugar was ready). Note that you make light brown sugar by adding one tablespoon of the molasses to the cup of granulated sugar but that dark brown sugar requires two tablespoons of molasses per cup of granulated sugar.

For now, I am storing mine in a little Mason jar.

Do you enjoy making your own pantry staples at home? I love it! I know what's in what I make, and it's generally cheaper, too!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.