Monday, February 20, 2012

What I Received for Valentine's Day

My husband finally returned from underway on Friday, and we celebrated Valentine's Day Saturday night with two 18-ounce steaks marinated and grilled on our George Foreman grill by my husband. The food was better than that from Logan's or Texas Roadhouse--cheaper, too! Total cost for meal? About $12. Can't beat that!

Diamonds may be some girls' best friends. Not mine! My gift this year:

These came from Country Boy Antiques in Norfolk, Virginia. If you visit this fantastic store, you'll have a hard time walking around in the place, but if you're looking for treasures, it is THE place to go in Norfolk (we'll talk Chesapeake antique stores later). Cost for these? $7. I am going to start cleaning them up and hope to paint them this weekend when the weather warms to the 70's. I am going to put some vinyl on them and put them above my mantel.

Did you get anything crafty for Valentine's Day?

Erin

3 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see what they look like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post a picture of the final product when I am finished with it. :)

      Delete
  2. Cant wait to see what they look like!

    ReplyDelete

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.