Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Day Vases

Pin It

Last year, I saw this do-it-yourself dollar store craft at the Itsy Bitsy Paper blog and was intrigued. I dashed off to Dollar Tree and bought the candlestick holders and the cylinders and then bought some E6000 glue at Kmart. I hurried home and made matching cylinder vases. I love them.

For Valentine's Day, I used my Slice (a portable die-cutting machine that is somewhat similar to a Silhouette or a Cricut) to cut the words love and amour from white contact paper I bought at Walmart (so much cheaper than buying vinyl!). I stuck the words to the vases and then used two bags of Valentine's M&M's as vase filler.

Okay, so I've eaten about half of the M&M's already. But the vases are still cute, right? And I can remove the Valentine's Day words and use them later for other holidays!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.