Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Gift

Pin It

I have been racking my brain to come up with a good Valentine's Day gift for my husband. When I saw a love message board on the A Content Housewife blog, I knew I had found the perfect gift. I bought a piece of scrapbook paper on sale at A.C. Moore for about 40 cents (actually, I bought two because I did not like the spacing on the first page I printed). I used a 50% off coupon at Michaels to buy an unfinished frame for about $3.00. I used some leftover paint from a curtain rod project we completed last year to finish the frame, and I cut the scrapbook paper to fit the 8x10 frame and used my laserjet printer to print "I love you because" on it. The toughest task--and the most expensive!--was finding wet erase markers, which I finally found at Office Depot and which cost me $6.99 for five of them. The result:

I am so thrilled with the outcome. My husband helped me clean the stove hood this weekend, so I wrote my first message on the board already. ;) And since he is (already!) underway again, I gave him the gift early. He loved it!

What did you get your significant other for Valentine's Day? Nothing?! You still have time to make this quick, easy, and expensive project!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.