Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sweet Tea

Pin It

I am Southern, through and through. I guess I really never even knew that tea existed other than iced sweet tea. Seriously--I was that ignorant! My husband is from the Pacific Northwest, and he drinks hot chai tea. Hot? Chai? What is the world coming to? ;)

Mark Lowry is a Christian humorist, and his monologue here pretty much encapsulates how I feel about tea and other Southern delicacies (not safe for work--you'll laugh!):

I love Mark Lowry, and I love everything he says in that video. I'm a Paula Deen kind of girl! I even have a deep fryer sitting on my counter. But in all seriousness, I eat all of this unhealthy food in moderation.

That said, I still think my sweet tea is good, even if some people think it a little syrupy.


Ingredients
2 family-size tea bags (I use Great Value tea, the Walmart generic)
Water
2 c. sugar

Directions
Fill a medium-sized saucepan halfway with water. Immerse the two tea bags into the water, and heat on high until the water is boiling. Turn the heat off, cover the saucepan, and allow the tea to "stew" for a few hours. When you are ready to make your tea, place a strainer over the mouth of a pitcher, and dump the tea and water into the pitcher. With the strainer (and the tea bags in the strainer) still over the mouth of the pitcher, add additional cold water until you have about one gallon of tea. Add sugar and stir. Store in the refrigerator.


What kind of tea do you drink? Hot? Iced? Sweetened? Unsweetened? Flavored?

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.