Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mug Brownie

Pin It

My husband is underway. You can look at my food journal and tell. This morning, I had edible chocolate chip cookie dough for breakfast. For lunch, I had a mug brownie.

I found the recipe for a two-minute mug brownie through Pinterest. The first time I tried the recipe a few weeks ago, I forgot to add salt, and I didn't measure the ingredients carefully enough. I wasn't sure that I really liked the recipe. But since I made a few mistakes in the preparation, I tried it again today, and although it was good, it wasn't the near-perfection that I usually seek when I add recipes to my recipe binder.

Then I made a second mug brownie this evening (Don't judge me! My husband is gone on Valentine's Day!) and decided to get rid of the canola oil and substitute melted butter. I also added a drop or two of vanilla. The result? Yummy, gooey goodness!

Clearly, this is not the type of recipe you eat with any frequency. It has a lot of calories, and it definitely does not fit into one of the healthy food groups. But for a once-in-a-while treat, this stuff is good. (I'll call this my Paula Deen disclaimer!)

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.