Monday, February 20, 2012

Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub

Pin It

At one time, I kept Mary Kay Satin Hands on hand, but $34 is a bit more than I want to pay for the set. So I started looking on the Internet for a recipe for some good hand scrub to take the place of Satin Hands, and I found a plethora of DIY scrubs.

I tried one for lemon sugar hand scrub from the Under the Table and Dreaming blog first. I used the recipe on the blog and did not add honey as suggested in the comments. The mixture did make my hands (and feet!) smooth. I really wanted a deeper color and a better smell, though, so I added a few (too many!) drops of yellow food coloring and some essential oil. Next time, I am going to add some raw honey--and less yellow food coloring.

Overall, I love this stuff. Hey, I love anything I can make at home so that I can know what ingredients are in it and spend less money, too.

Do you make any of your own scrubs, soaps, or shampoos?

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.