Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Pin It

I cannot overemphasize how much my husband and I love tacos. Once upon a time, we spent a small fortune on Old El Paso taco seasoning mix--three bucks a canister times about six canisters a year. I hated dropping that kind of money on the stuff, but what really got me convinced that I needed to make my own was when I Googled the ingredients. Yuck!

So I decided to make my own. I used this recipe at the Whole New Mom blog. I followed the directions exactly. And the verdict? I love this stuff. It's a bit spicy the first time you try it, but I got used to the heat quickly, and I wouldn't want to go back now.

You should try making your own taco seasoning. I haven't figured up the cost difference between this recipe and the store-bought stuff, but since I had all the spices on hand already, I did not have to buy anything new. (Doesn't that mean that the stuff was ultimately free? Okay, well, maybe not! But cheaper than $3 per canister for stuff loaded with preservatives!)

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.