Monday, February 20, 2012

Friends

When I was in high school, I ran with the Heartdance crowd. (Heartdance was a Christian music store.) My friends and I attended Quest every Thursday morning and See You at the Pole every year. We said grace before our meals. We sang Audio Adrenaline and Michael W. Smith in our cars. And even though our classmates voted on some ridiculous garbage for our senior song, *our* song was "Friends."

God blessed me with another set of friends in law school a few years ago. I spoke to one of best law school friends on the phone this evening. She is a godly woman. My family is going through some tough times right now, and so is hers. We discussed things and decided the best course of action is to pray about it and move on. And we promised to pray for one another.

I don't have tons of friends; I've always thought quality more important than quantity in this area. But I have good ones. Always have. Hope I always will.

"Show me the friend, and I'll show you the man." ~ "Army Wives"

Erin

2 comments:

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.