Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Pin It

I love eating cookie dough, but I also know eating raw egg is not really a safe food practice. So I was glad to find a recipe for single-serve edible cookie dough at the Cut Out and Keep web site (through Pinterest, of course!). I tried the recipe yesterday as a snack, but was not loving it. It was too sweet and not chocolate-y enough.

So of course I had to make modifications to the recipe and try the stuff again for breakfast this morning. And yes, at least for my taste, I made it perfectly (if I do say so myself)!


Ingredients
1.5 tbsp. butter, melted
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. dark brown sugar
A few drops of vanilla
1 tsp. skim milk
Chocolate chips

Directions
Combine your butter, flour, sugars, and vanilla until the mixture is uniform. Add milk to the mixture to give the dough a suitable consistency. Stir in chocolate chips--as many or as few as you want. If you use unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to cut the sweetness. Put the dough in the freezer for a few minutes. Then eat.


The adjective single-serve is key here; the picture above is an accurate representation of how much cookie dough this recipe you will yield. In other words, if you are going to share with your significant other or kids, double or triple the recipe.

This stuff is GOOD! And now I won't have to worry about the dangers of eating cookie dough.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.