Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cleaning the Blender

My husband and I have a blender sitting on our kitchen counter. During the summer, my husband uses it to make smoothies. I rarely use it myself, although once in a while I find a recipe that calls for using one. Still, I want it clean at all times. Unfortunately, the placement of the blade makes cleaning a difficult chore.

Thank God for Pinterest! I found this quick and easy tip on cleaning a blender at the Ask Anna blog. Pursuant to the directions there, I filled my blender 3/4 full with water and squirted a bit of Dawn inside and then turned on the blender for 30 seconds. I poured out the mixture and rinsed the jar. Suddenly, I had a much cleaner--and better smelling--blender!

Have you cleaned your blender lately? If not, try this tip. It's actually fun (or so says the girl who enjoys cleaning)!

Erin

2 comments:

  1. I got a blender for Christmas that doesn't come apart, so this is exactly the way the manufacturer recommends cleaning it. Wish I had thought of doing it with my old blender. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had known this tip sooner, too. John's muscle milk smoothies leave a really bad smell in the blender if it isn't cleaned immediately!

      Delete

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.