Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chicken and Rice

Pin It

When my husband and I first married, when I was home and he was at work, I would eat cans of Campbell's chicken noodle soup or Chef Boyardee ravioli for lunch. In the last year, however, I decided to start eating foods that actually have to be cooked rather than nuked in the microwave.

These days, I eat a lot of chicken and rice when my husband is working. I usually boil a boneless, skinless chicken breast or two early in the week and then store the stock that results. I add a cup or so of that stock to a cup or so of chicken broth purchased at Dollar Tree and prepare half a cup of (white--still can't bring myself to eat any other kind!) rice in it, first on high until it boils and then on low until it is ready. I shred about a quarter of the chicken breast and stir it in. You can add celery (I love celery!) or onions or carrots or probably any number of other vegetables as well. I always add a bit of salt and a lot of pepper, and on more than one occasion, I have thrown in some poultry seasoning or chicken bouillon. You might even throw in some parsley.

I love this stuff so much I can eat it every single day of the week.

In fact, I have eaten it every day of the last five working days.

Perhaps something new tomorrow! :)

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.