Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My God Is Bigger Than The Storm

I got a piece of news yesterday that was a little disturbing to me. Six months ago, the news would have ruined my day--if not several days--because I would have been filled with worry about something beyond my control.

Have you seen this quotation around on the Internet?

"Don't tell God how big your storm is. Tell your storm how big your God is."

I still tell God about the things that are bothering me because He is my friend, and He cares about what is bothering me. But then I ask that He work His will to resolve them as He knows best. Because I don't know about tomorrow and things that seem to be worrisome today may indeed be for the best. And after I've said my prayer, I move on.

That's not to say that I don't still have worries. But after having found a church that I love and that I feel God has led us to, I am feeling closer to God than ever. After all, "His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.