Monday, October 3, 2011

Recipes: Japanese Steakhouse-Style Fried Rice

I love Japanese steakhouses!  Unfortunately, the cost of the meals at such establishments is detrimental to our finances.  But a few months ago, I was blessed enough to find a good recipe online for Japanese steakhouse-style fried rice, and I now make this dish at least once a week. 


Source:  Yahoo Answers

Ingredients
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. peas and chopped carrots
1 egg
1 c. cooked rice, cooled (I use homemade rice, but some people use the bags) 
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. soy sauce

Directions
Sauté the onion, peas, and carrots in the olive oil.  Move the vegetables to the side of the pan and lightly scramble your egg in the resulting space.  Add the rice and butter and sauté for five minutes.  Add the soy sauce and sauté for one minute. 

Tips
  • Try adding more vegetables.  You may also want to try brown rice. 
  • I usually move the rice to the side of the pan and then sauté another 1/2 cup of chopped onion in the olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce.  I place those onions atop my rice. 

Formats
  • PDF:  Fried Rice
  • OpenOffice (just in case you want to edit the format to fit a recipe book you have created)

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time on your blog. I found it through your 31 days organizing blog. I go to Benihana's every year around my birthday when I get a coupon for a free meal. Where else can you get $35 off your entire bill? Anyway, this looks like a great recipe, except the amount of rice seems too small. It seems like a LOT of onions for that amount of rice. Did you mean 1 cup UNCOOKED rice? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.