Friday, October 7, 2011

Green Beauty: Adding Baking Soda to Your Shampoo

Unfortunately, I have a super oily scalp, meaning that my hair gets really oily and dirty looking about a day after I last shampooed it.  I have tried dry shampoos, but they usually make my hair look grey rather than clean.  Finally, I have gone back to the product my mother told me to use when I was in high school:


Yes, baking soda.  Isn't it great for just about anything?  I simply pour my usual amount of shampoo in my hand and then pour about a teaspoon of baking soda into the same hand and lather them together a bit before putting the shampoo-baking soda mixture in my hair.  I let the lather sit in my hair for at least a minute.  Then I rinse and then condition as usual.  The result:  cleaner hair for longer.  I usually do this at least once a week.  And I have no more need to buy an expensive clarifying shampoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.