Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Crafts: Book Bundles

Have you seen these book bundles from Pottery Barn?  Or these from Restoration Hardware?  They are no longer for sale, but for a while, people were drooling over them.  And they cost $30 to $40.  Yes, seriously.

But they are easy to make, and craft blogs all over the Internet revealed ways to make your own.  So I did.



Items You Will Need 
  • Old paperback books (mine were BOGO free with the first one for $0.99 at the local thrift store) (oh, and I majored in English, so I used Julius Caesar and Anna Karenina)
  • Jute, twine, or some other string or yarn


Directions 
  1. Tear the paperback covers off the books.  (I nearly had an anxiety attack doing this part!) 
  2. Tie the jute or twine around the books. 
Another easy peasy craft!  And don't they look cute with the 1949 law book I bought from the same thrift store for $2?


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading about your crafting projects, and I like a lot of them, but I really dont 'get' this one. Two torn up paperbacks tied together? Hmmmmm ..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see where the bundled books might not be everyone's thing. I am sure my high school English teacher and professor would hate them. I like them, although I hated tearing the covers off the books. I am actually looking for copies of A Christmas Carol and Little Women to age and tie together for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.