Thursday, October 6, 2011

31 Days to Organization: Day 6 - Shoes

Shoes can be organized so many different ways.  You can buy a shoe tree or a shoe rack.  You can even buy under bed shoe storage.  Eventually, I want to store each pair of my shoes in cute labeled baskets on a shelf.  But right now, I store them in six-quart Sterlite storage containers, which are about $1 each at Wal-Mart.  The key is to organize them in some fashion, whether you use baskets, storage containers, a rack, a tree, something that hangs over your closet door, or something that stores away under your bed. 

To organize my shoes, first I pulled all of my shoes out of the closet.  I put into the sell/Goodwill stack the ones that I knew I no longer wanted; if I had had any that were clearly damaged beyond repair, I would have discarded those.  Then I started wearing my shoes, making sure that all are still comfortable.  For example, I have problems with my ankles that my husband and I are fairly certain are caused by my Skechers Shape-ups, so I put those in the sell/Goodwill stack. 

I put the shoes I wanted to keep in the Sterlite containers. Then I labeled them using Avery 48860 EcoFriendly labels and the Grenouille font. 

Shoes Labels

Cute font, don't you think? If you want to modify these labels for your own use, you can install OpenOffice on your computer and download my labels file here

Finally!  Organized shoes! 


And yes, I know it *seems* as though I do not have many shoes. But fear not. I have eight pairs of flip-flops crammed into three of those containers. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.