Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crafts: Cylinder Vases

I love this dollar store craft idea.  A lot of people have done them on a multitude of craft blogs.  So I looked for the clear cylinders at Dollar Trees near and far, but had a hard time finding any like them.  I did find another style of candleholder and tried making a similar craft, but I was not as thrilled with it as I was with the ones in the original tutorial. 

But I kept looking.  And finally I found the cylinders--but only in one size.  So while I could not do graduated cylinders, I was able to make two matching cylinders: 


These are so elegant, yet so simple to make.  You could put different things in them and use them for seasonal decorations. 

Items You Will Need 

Directions 
  1. After reading the directions on the E6000 glue, spread the glue on the tops of the candleholder and then center the cylinder on the candleholder. 
  2. Wipe away the excess glue with a paper towel. 
  3. Turn the craft over and put a book on top of the candleholder. 
  4. Let the glue dry about 36 hours, and then decorate with the cylinders.

An easy peasy craft! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

One goal of mine in starting this blog was to make some new friends with whom to share thoughts, ideas, encouragement, and inspiration. Please post a message. I would love to hear from you! But please be friendly; please don't say anything in the comments that you would not say to me in my own home.